Monday, April 7, 2014

Look What We Did!

You guys-- it's been MONTHS. I am terrible at blogging.

Biggest development since I last wrote? We bought a house! Specifically, this house:
We live here now.
 
We officially moved in during February, right smack in the middle of my Shrek: The Musical run (mental note: do not EVER move into a house while you are performing the lead in a ginormous musical which requires exhausting physical comedy and the slathering of green makeup all over yourself-- you will be too overwhelmed to do anything correctly and will instead sit and cry tears of exhaustion and embarrassment). Fortunately, I married a nice guy who took the reins and somehow got it done.
 
Allow me to take you on a tour...
 
The living room, as seen from the front door.
 
Same room, as seen from the hallway.
 

The dining room, as seen through the massive archway from the living room.
Same room, as seen from the entrance to the kitchen.
My domain. So much beige...
... but new appliances, tile floor and backsplash, at least.
The downstairs bathroom. New everything.
The guest bedroom.
 
The "other" bedroom, hopefully soon to be inhabited by a small person.
 
The most glorious master bedroom you've ever seen in yo' LIFE!
Recessed lighting! New carpet! Exposed brick! Window seats!

The en suite. Jeliz?
What's that I see? More exposed brick?
We'll have so much room for pooping!
Nice and flat, fully-fenced backyard
I shall putter in this garage.
We've already undertaken some projects (for instance, that bright orange dining room is no longer bright orange... thank the heavens) and I hope to have some posts up in the next few weeks to show you all the little updates and changes we're making. My love affair with Home Depot has gotten more serious... I think what we have is FOR REAL, guys...
 

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Mary!! Can't wait to see what you guys do with it. What is that lovely scallop-y detailing on the shelf in the kitchen??

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Mary!

    ReplyDelete