Monday, September 23, 2013

This week...


I suck at blogging. And also following through on promises of productivity posted on my blog (ie: you know that last post where I pledged to tackle several domestic projects over the course of one week... such silly dream I have!). To tide my conscience over, here's a quick update about random things:

Reading the newest Dan Brown book. Jeff's grandma got it for me for my birthday and I'm about 1/3 of the way through. I never devote enough time to reading and that makes me bummed out.

Writing grant proposals till my eyeballs bulge out of my face and my ears begin to bleed. At least that's what it feels like ever since I started my new position. I've got 2 letters of inquiry, 2 "update" letters, and a massive "surprise" TCG application (which doesn't have any boilerplate narratives pre-written in our files to draw from) all due within the next week. On top of my other duties (only 50% of my job is supposed to be grantwriting... supposed to be).

Eating all the bad-for-me-things and not enough of the good-for-me-things.

Listening to the ending credits music from Angus (1995).

Thinking about how much I hate the new East Ave Wegmans. I'm sorry, I've tried but I just can't seem to get on board. I don't know what it is about it, but it feels like a cold, suburban factory to me. And every time I'm there, that goddamn rooster won't stop crowing. It's enough to drive a girl to shop at TOPS!

Wishing I had enough dollars that I could pay all my bills, purchase my flight to Florida for our Disney trip in February, and get at least one real suit for work without worrying about completely draining my bank account.

Hoping that we can buy a house this Spring. I just want a home that I can do projects in. Like refinishing wood floors and cabinets and things and painting walls and trim and things and then everyone can come to our house and I can brag about how awesome and butch I am.

Wearing pjs and a towel turban. Tres chic.

Loving chocolate. I needs it. I wants it.

Feeling terrible sharp shooting pains down my spine in my lower back / upper butt ever since yesterday afternoon. It makes sitting (which I do most of the day) terribly uncomfortable. I'm OVER IT, back.

No comments:

Post a Comment