Monday, July 15, 2013

Currently THIS week...

I know... it's shameful how long it's been since my last post, but I've had shit to do (shows to open and close, a giant fundraiser to put on at work, and a wedding to plan and have), so sue me. Here's a short post to jump-start my efforts again...

Reading "The Fallen Angel", by some Dan Brown knock-off dude. So far, it's trying to be "Angels and Demons"... a lot. <LAME>

Writing a shit-ton of grant proposals. I have a final report due on Wednesday, two major final reports for NEA grants due by the end of the month, and then I have five grant applications due in August. Soooooo I'm just going to spend the next 6 weeks typing pages and pages of things. Oh, and thank you notes... must bang out thank you notes in the next 2 weeks.

Eating green things. I swear all I ate in Wilmington last week was steak and sugar. It was amazing. But I need to get my shit together and start eating like a grown-up.

Listening to the sound of the Geva air conditioning and NOT my beloved Pandora station (though I totally intent to put on my giant headphones and rock out to my Philip Glass station while I write this week, so suck my balls, IT).

Thinking about how much I hate the new East Ave Wegmans. I'm sorry, I've tried but I just can't seem to get on board. I don't know what it is about it, but it feels like a cold, suburban factory to me. And every time I'm there, that goddamn rooster won't stop crowing. It's enough to drive a girl to shop at TOPS!

Wishing we had $10,000 saved up so we could just slap a down payment down on a house and move. I/we really want a house and even though we got a nice chunk of change from wedding cards, it still feels like it'll take forever to save up enough for a respectful down payment. Also, it would be super awesome if someone could pay off all my/our debt please thanks okay bye.

Hoping that our fridge is not broken, because our landlord totally blows at responding to me whenever I try to contact him (see "Wishing" section above). We've got some serious condensation issues up in there, people, and I need to make sure that my chilly items remain cool during this time of oppressive heat.

Wearing black skinny jeans and a striped 3/4-length shirt, thank you. I'm looking tres French today.

Loving Jeffrey. Being married to him is the effin' bomb. I get squishy whenever I glance at his left hand and see that ring on it... gyullllll!

Feeling a mixture of overwhelmed-ness (I'm making words up) and motivation. I'm feeling the need to finally get my house in completely organizational order now that the dust is finally settling on a VERY busy Spring (what with doing 2 shows back-to-back, transitioning from one very busy job to a promoted - and even more intense - position, and the whole wedding thing). We have piles of stuff that need to be put away, closets that are bursting at the seams (half of that shit is going to Goodwill, I swear to God...), and new wedding gifts that need to replace old household items, which need to then find homes (I guess we'll add "plan and host a garage sale" to the list of things to do this summer). There's so much to do, I don't even know where to start, but I'm itching to get everything settled and organized. This may take days. Even weeks. If you don't hear from me until August, assume I've died in the hoard and send Jeff a sensible sympathy pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment